#GivingTuesday, the international holiday celebrating giving back, is happening next Tuesday, November 30th. Whether you choose to give your Time, Treasure, or Talent, help us raise awareness about the mighty oyster – and $10,000 to plant more in the Chesapeake Bay! Your #GivingTuesday support will double as it’s being matched dollar-for-dollar by our Board!
Give Your Time:
- Learn to Shuck Like a Pro at Peerce’s
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 | 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM | 12460 Dulaney Valley Road, Phoenix, MD 21131 | Purchase Tickets
In honor of #GivingTuesday, Peerce’s will be serving freshly shucked oysters and other light fare paired with Wither Hills Sauvignon Blanc and Argyle Blanc de Noir sparkling wine! Your ticket includes a one-on-one tutorial with a professional shucker, plus the opportunity to purchase featured wines at a reduced price.
Give Your Treasure:
- Help us reach our $10,000 fundraising goal by donating to ORP! Your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar by ORP’s board of directors – up to $5,000! Feeling generous? Donate now.
- Shop our Holiday Gift Guide! It features giftable items from our partners that help put oysters back in the Bay! That’s right; when you purchase directly from them, you are making a BIG difference for our beloved Bay. Do your holiday shopping with these vendors and feel great about giving back.
- Our partners at Route One Apparel are feeling generous, too! All you have to do is make a donation of $50 or more to ORP on 11/30, and Route One will email you a $10 coupon code to redeem on their site.
Give Your Talent: Everyone has something to give – and every act of generosity counts! Here are a few examples of ways you can contribute your talents to help ORP on #GivingTuesday.
- If you’re a social media maven: share an inspiring video or message about why ORP’s work is important to you – ask your friends follow us (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you’re an artist or photographer: send us your favorite Bay- or oyster-related media to use in future marketing efforts.
- If you’re a cook: send us your favorite oyster recipe to feature in a future ORP blog post! And, be sure to try out our Thanksgiving Oyster Stuffing Recipe!